- artblock 731
- Boston, MA
- 2009 Builder's Choice Design Award
- 2007 Preservation Achievement Award
Catering to Boston's "Artist Space Initiative," ArtBlock 731 creates two new live / work loft buildings wrapped around an historic school converted to artist work space. The contemporary exterior emulates the surrounding rhythms and materials of the historic South End and expresses the community - of - arts within. The public experience of ArtBlock 731 revolves around the Mobius gallery at street level and its terrace and sculpture garden that enrich the neighborhood.
- Client: New Atlantic Development
- Size: 54 live/work units; Gallery: 2,000 SF
- Completed: 2006
Energy efficient rain screen envelope exceeds code
- "The idea that a community of creative minds exists is a thrill and is inspiring. The opportunity to share is just at your doorstep."
- - Maritza Medina,
- an ArtBlock resident and South End artist