Enterprise Building BROCKTON, MA
Built in 1890, the original Enterprise Building housed the Brockton Enterprise Newspaper and later expanded into the adjacent building in 1894. In the 1970’s, a modern steel and concrete addition was completed and the historic facades were covered. By 2000, the building was empty and the Brockton Enterprise Newspaper had left. ICON’s renovation restored the building’s original historic facade and upgraded the building’s envelope. As part of the larger redevelopment of this transit-oriented city block, this adaptive reuse included installation of a new elevator, building systems, and window replacements. The interior has been fit-out for new government office and retail use, along with restaurant space on the ground floor.