We are currently seeking a motivated Interior Designer with strong design and graphic skills to join our team. As an interior designer at our firm, you will engage in the design process developing ideas, creating digital models/renderings, selecting finishes and assist in preparing design presentations. You will work on design projects that are integrated with our architectural projects from conceptual design to completion throughout our multi-family housing and institutional practices.
· Create attractive designs and layouts for various projects
· Conducts research and seeks thorough understanding of client needs for project requirements and design solution opportunities.
· Utilizes knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment, architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art, signage, color and materials to carryout design intent. Keeps well connected with manufacturers and design industry to ensure access to newest and most innovative products and services available. Maintains leading edge prominence within industry. Keeps abreast of new products, trends, technology, and business sector growth.
· Serves as project designer on selected projects—conceives and executes design, being mindful of clients’ needs and vision, requirements, project budget, schedule, and site issues.
· Assists in the preparation and delivery of design presentations (3D, 2D, mock-ups and renderings) to clients and drives consultant work to achieve design goals.
· Responsible to carry out these design assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques or design.
· Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
· Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
· Talent in design, design development and project management for interior design projects.
· Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
· Knowledge of furniture, fixture, and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art, signage, color and materials to carryout design intent.
· Proven ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with external clients and internal staff.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, meeting project deadlines and budget constraints.
· Eager to learn, good listener, curious & proactive.
· Thorough knowledge of sustainability, integrated design, and LEED guidelines.
· Knowledge of building SMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
· Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
· Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
· Proficiency in Newforma preferred.
· Proficiency in Revit and BIM is required.
· Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 required.
· Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software required.
· Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture required. Master’s degree preferred.
· 3 plus years’ experience with interiors or architectural firm.
· If registered Architect, NCARB registration preferred.
ICON is a drug-free workplace. ICON is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.